07 January 2008

2008, baby



I have been in the place they call the south, otherwise known as home. I did not mean to be absent here for so long but when you are home with family in the midst of the holidays, you tend to exist in a non-linear kind of time zone. you know, where you're never really sure what day it is and your time centers around all things related to fun, to resting and hanging out.

and now I'm back where everything feels strangely familiar. I feel a little like someone has been messing with my levels and frequencies. deflation versus rejuvenation, I am all over the place and struggling to maintain some sort of equilibrium. still, it feels good to be back.

anyway, happy new year. 2008 is going to be great. I just know it.

19 comments:

  1. To you too mama...2008 indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Missed you. Hope the holidays were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how was atlanta? happy 2008 andrea. i think you are right...it's going to be a great year. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy to hear that you guys were able to head south for the holidays! looks like you had a fantastic time.
    happy 08, hula seventy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year and welcome back!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year!

    2008 is off to an excellent start.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you're back! my blog time hasn't been the same without hula seventy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're back, and glad you had time with family in your old stompin' ground. Happy 2008 indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back! missed you!
    xo
    mati

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you too! I think it WILL be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. deflation vs rejuvenation = perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah yes i agree...it's gonna be a good one this 2008! love your blog. don't think i've left a comment before but there's no time like the present so wishing you a very happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to live in nonlinear time
    as much as i can ~ it is actually
    captured so beautifully this
    time space in a poetic book
    called "einsteins dreams ~

    happy new year or actually

    HAPPY new year:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. missed your blog too ! for the last week, I was checking !
    t

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello!

    I've never commented on your blog, although I've been visiting for a while now, so I wish you a great 2008, for a comments start :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy new year to you too my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you're back! And I'm right there with you on the funny footing here. Coming back to Portland from Ohio was really coming home - and I didn't expect that one bit. I'm all out of whack now. Hope to see you soon (perhaps at Le Happy - have you been there, or just photographed the exterior?). Be well, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I grew up in Chattanooga. Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete