01 October 2015

atlanta + amsterdam: treats



atlanta, left:

a fried peach pie from the varsity, still warm in the bag, sounds of the streets all around us, north avenue to the right, the big downtown connector off in the distance. the sounds of folks coming and going, swinging those front doors open, bits and pieces of that old varsity chorus wafting out, what'll ya have what'll ya have what'll ya have, a chorus cashiers have surely been singing out since the restaurant first opened back in 1928.

amsterdam, right:

joyce's norwegian cinnamon rolls and can't you almost smell them? because I can. straight from a cozy kitchen in amsterdam, which I imagine be filled with a lovely light,  a clean light, the kind of light I like to think only exists in amsterdam. am I wrong? I do not think I am wrong.

(read more over at on a hazy morning) (and more about our twelve week collaboration here)